As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and the reprioritisation of funds to support the COVID-19 response in the province, the Provincial Treasury have suspended its bursary programme for the current financial year. The bursary programme will resume in the 2021/22 financial year as it is an integral part of our newly developed talent management strategy to address critical skills shortages and create opportunities for our youth.
The Western Cape Provincial Treasury is committed to creating opportunities for the youth and to address critical skills shortages in the fields of Economics, Accounting, Finance and Auditing. In 2008 we launched a bursary programme to provide our youth with the opportunity to access tertiary education through bursaries. Bursary applications open in July and close by the end of September every year.
Fields of Study
Bursaries are available to Grade 12 learners and post- and undergraduate students interested in pursuing careers in:
- To qualify for a full-time bursary from the Provincial Treasury, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Be a South African citizen who reside in the Western Cape
- Be between 17 and 35 years’ old
- Obtained an average of 60% or higher for the previous year of study at high school or university
- Not in receipt of any other bursaries
- (if a postgraduate applicant) already obtained a B. Degree within one or more of the targeted fields of study
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply for a bursary.
Applications open end of July and close by the 30th of September every year. Once applications open you will be able to access the online application form on this web page. The application form will not be available online when applications are not open
Do you have any more questions?
Tel: 021 483 4823 / 021 483 6127