If you have passion, energy and want to make a positive change in society, while accomplishing your educational dreams, apply for a bursary.
The Western Cape Provincial Treasury is committed to creating opportunities for the youth and to address critical skills shortages in the fields of Economics, Accounting, Finance and Auditing. In 2008 we launched a bursary programme to provide our youth with the opportunity to access tertiary education through bursaries.
Fields of Study
Bursaries are available to Grade 12 learners and post- and undergraduate students interested in pursuing careers in:
- Accounting & Auditing
- Supply Chain Management
- Built Environment and Project Management (preferably Construction Economics/Management; Population Studies; Transport Economics or related courses)
- Information Sciences, Data Science and Statistics
To qualify for a full-time bursary from the Provincial Treasury, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Be a South African citizen who reside in the Western Cape
- Be between 17 and 35 years’ old
- Obtained an average of 65% or higher for the previous year of study at high school or university
- Not in receipt of any other bursaries or state funding
- (if a postgraduate applicant) already obtained a B. Degree within one or more of the targeted fields of study
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply for a bursary.
Do you have any more questions?
Tel: 021 483 4823 / 021 483 6127