Develop Water Businesses
- Within the context of the current water crisis in the Western Cape, this database is intended to assist private persons and businesses wishing to improve their water management systems and/or reduce the amount of water they consume to easily identify potential suppliers of water-related products and/or services. The suppliers included in the database have not been vetted or accredited by the Western Cape Government, the City of Cape Town and/or GreenCape. This database is published for information purposes only and does not in any way represent or constitute an endorsement of any particular supplier, product and/or service by the Western Cape Government, the City of Cape Town and/or GreenCape.
- The Western Cape Government, the City of Cape Town and GreenCape cannot and do not warrant the accuracy of any information included in this database. Any private person or business interested in contracting with suppliers included in the database is therefore advised to:
- Confirm the accuracy of any information included in this database with the suppliers concerned;
- Check whether the suppliers concerned have been duly registered with the appropriate professional body (where one exists);
- Obtain three quotes from a variety of suppliers (where appropriate and necessary); and/or
- Request potential service providers to provide references.
- The Western Cape Government, the City of Cape Town and/or GreenCape shall not under any circumstances be liable for any inconvenience, losses and/or damages suffered by any private person who and/or any private business that relies on the information included in this database and/or contracts with any one or more suppliers included in such database.
- Any suppliers of water-related products and/or services that wish to have their products and/or services included in the database are invited to submit their product / services information via form below.
Some of the businesses listed in the database above have been through the City's New Technology Evaluation Process. This process is for suppliers wanting their water-related technology to be considered for public sector use or would like their product to pass through the initial public procurement filtering process. The Western Cape Government has partnered with the City of Cape Town’s New Technology Committee to support water-related technology and service providers to promote the uptake of innovative solutions to address current and future water issues. This committee meets regularly and includes representatives from the City and WCG to review new technologies or related information provided to government for procurement consideration. Companies have a chance to present their goods and services at this meeting in a fair and transparent manner. The outcomes of these meetings are then shared with relevant WCG and CCT branches and departments to ensure efficiency and potential product or service procurement.
If you would like to be part of the New Technology Evaluation Process, send an email to Mario.Carelse@capetown.gov.za to be included on the agenda; receive the date of next committee meeting (the committee meets every 4 – 6 weeks); to be informed of what information needs to be sent prior to the next meeting; and to be emailed the required forms.
Every product or service procured by a public entity would still need to be done so in a competitive, transparent tender process (even under emergency conditions, where the procurement is simply accelerated). Please note that to be able to tender on any projects put out to tender by the Western Cape Government, service providers will need to be registered on the Central Supplier Database (CSD). More information about this Database is available at https://www.westerncape.gov.za/gc-news/227/42114 and you can self-register online at the CSD website www.csd.gov.za.
If you would like access to information on water sector market trends, financing options, accessing markets and to discuss products that are still in development / concept phase, contact firstname.lastname@example.org