WoW! #BeSugarSmart Challenge
For the month of November we challenge you to reduce your added sugar intake!
Sugar Smart Challenge 2019 Information.pdf (pdf, 1.24 MB)
What should you do?
- Reduce sugar during November (and thereafter). One day at a time!
- What to reduce? Select at least one added sugar food item (that you have often) to reduce during November.
- Move more: Aim for at least 30min of physical activity on most days of the week.
- Read food labels: Make sure you read all food labels before just grabbing something from the shelves.
- Swap your snacks: Choose healthier snacks that are lower in sugar.
- Rethink your drink: Drink water. Flavour water by adding natural ingredients such as lemon, apple, strawberry, mint, cucumber, and more.
- Mindful eating: Get mindful on all of your food choices, start to explore alternative healthy options, eat and enjoy your food with others.
- Stay motivated: If you fall short, keep going. Get someone to do the challenge with you.
Why should you participate?
- Some of the benefits that you might experience:
- Lose weight – this in turn reduces your risk of developing a chronic disease such as diabetes.
- Improve concentration.
- Clearer skin.
- Reset your system.
- Your taste buds will be adjusted.
- Sleep better.
- Improve health.
- Control you energy levels.
- Look and feel great in your summer clothing.
- Save money.
How can I take part?
- Visit this page over the next few weeks to get regular #BeSugarSmart information.
- Join the WoW! Facebook Group: WoW! WesternCape on Wellness.
- Join the WhatsApp Broadcast List: Send “Join WoW!” with your name & surname to: 066 390 6646.
- You can participate on your own or form your own group of friends/colleagues/family – challenge and support each other.
- Have a look at the #BeSugarSmart leaflets to get you started:
- Complete the WoW! Wellness Monitor and capture your results on the WoW! Wellness Passport.
For more information:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WhatsApp: 066 390 6646
- Phone: 021 483 6651