The Department of Infrastructure contributes to the Growth for Jobs priority. It aims to bring about change in the lived reality of communities in the Western Cape through targeted interventions and by providing clear policy direction in the infrastructure space.
DOI recognises the role well-maintained and strategically identified infrastructure plays in addressing spatial transformation.
The Department of Infrastructure includes:
- Public Works Infrastructure
- Transport Infrastructure
- Human Settlements
- Community-Based Programmes/ Expanded Public Works Programme
DOI has a broad infrastructure mandate which covers:
- Infrastructure planning, delivery and coordination;
- Provincial roads; and Public works including the provision of general office accommodation, health, and education infrastructure; as well as the Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP).
Human settlements in so far as it encompasses a concurrent function with national government in the provision of adequate shelter inclusive of access to basic and socio-economic services.
- View the Department of Infrastructure's Annual Performance Plan 2023/ 2024 for the full legislative and policy mandate list.
To enable infrastructure-led growth and investment for the Western Cape that will benefit the communities we serve.
To pursue tirelessly the delivery of infrastructure that is: resilient, inclusive, safe and seeks to heal, skill, integrate, build social cohesion, connect, link and empower Western Cape citizens, driven by passion, ethics and a steadfast commitment to the environment with our people as our cornerstone.
The core values of the Western Cape Government, to which the Department subscribes,include:
Ethos for DOI
Rental Housing Tribunal (RHT) Office Cape Town and George:
Rental Housing Tribunal
Telephone: 0860 106 166
Fax: 021 483 3313
Additional Contact Numbers:
021 483 5020
021 483 6495
021 483 3283
Please Call Me: 079 769 1207
SMS: Help to 31022
Telephone: 044 805 8700
Fax: 044 874 2420
Monday to Friday
07:00 till 16:00
Cnr York & St Johns Streets
York Park Building
You can get in touch with use through the following channels:
Operating Hours: Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) 07:30 - 16:00