Media Alert: Minister Marais To Present Funding To Federations Across Province
MEDIA ALERT: MINISTER MARAIS TO PRESENT FUNDING TO FEDERATIONS ACROSS THE PROVINCE
Tomorrow, 17 April 2018, will be the first of 6 ceremonial cheque handovers in which Minister Anroux Marais will present a total of R5. 2 million in support of 131 sport federations across the province.
Minister Marais will be presenting the following funds to the 6 sport councils and district municipalities to enable the various federations to fulfil their mandate of developing and promoting their respective codes and clubs in the Western Cape:
- Eden to receive R1 390 000 on Tuesday, 17 April 2018 at 17h00 at the Riversdale Civic Centre, Dixon Street, Riversdale.
- Overberg to receive R280 000 on Wednesday, 18 April 2018 at 17h00 at the Trail End Bikers Hotel, Grabouw
- Cape Winelands to receive R1 170 000 on Thursday, 19 April 2018 at 19h30 at the Wellington Town Hall, 100 Pentz Street, Wellington.
- Central Karoo to receive R90 000 on Monday, 23 April 2018
- West Coast to receive R 530 000 on Tuesday, 24 April 2018 and
- Cape Metro to receive R1 740 000 on Wednesday, 25 April 2018
ALL MEDIA ARE INVITED TO ATTEND ALL CHEQUE HANDOVERS
There will be opportunities for photographs and interviews.