#16DaysofActivism – Scottsdene, Safety starts in Your Family
This week, in continuing to engage communities as part of the 16 Days of Activism for No Violence against Women and Children, Western Cape Minister of Community Safety, Dan Plato, the South African Police Service (SAPS), our safety partners and community members will intensify their campaign to take a public stand against violence and abuse.
Starting this afternoon in Scottsdene, the outreaches will see the safety partners raise awareness by means of a public march together with the community, culminating in a street meeting to inform the community about intervention services as well as to encourage all in our communities to take a stand against abuse.
The breakdown of the week’s activities is as follows:
- Monday, 7 December 2015 – Scottsdene, 16:00 – 19:00;
- Tuesday, 8 December 2015 – Lentegeur, 13:00 – 16:00;
- Wednesday, 9 December 2015 – Du Noon, 16:00 – 19:00;
- Thursday, 10 December 2015 – Valhalla Park, 16:00 – 19:00;
- Friday, 11 December 2015 – Retreat, 16:00 – 19:00; and
- Saturday, 12 December 2015 – closing event in Nyanga, 12:00 – 15:00.
For updated event information and the march starting points, please visit: https://www.westerncape.gov.za/dept/community-safety/documents/public_info/D/19705
For the duration of the internationally observed 16 Days of Activism Campaign, running between 25 November and 10 December annually, the Department of Community Safety is reaching out to various communities where incidents of abuse, violence and the marginalisation of women and children in our communities places them at risk.
Join us as we take a united stand against violence and abuse under the theme: “Safety starts in Your Family”.
There will be an opportunity for photographs and interviews.
Note: All media are invited to attend.
Details: Scottsdene #16DaysofActivism violence and abuse awareness drive
Date: Monday, 7 December 2014
Time: 16:00 – 19:00
Venue: Meeting point for the march to start at 16:00:
- SAPS Kraaifontein, Botfeintein Road / Van Riebeeck Street, Kraaifontein.
- GPS coordinates: -33.856730, 18.726185
Assembly point for ceremony to follow the march:
- Corner Park Avenue and Da Gama Street, Kraaifontein
- GPS coordinates: -33.860497, 18.720347
For general information on the campaign and where to seek assistance regarding abuse, please visit: https://www.westerncape.gov.za/general-publication/16-days-activism-no-violence-against-women-and-children-2015
Spokesperson for Minister Plato
Cell: 079 694 1113