Library Service getting into the spirit of Africa Month in May
The Library Service of the Western Cape Department of Cultural Affairs and Sport (DCAS), is currently rolling out African Month activities at participating libraries in the Western Cape. Their first stop on 4 May 2016 was at the local community at the Library in Struisbaai. Thereafter they visited Welverdiend Public Library in Bredasdorp.
Africa Month is being celebrated in May 2016 in partnership with the Western Cape Government, National Department of Arts and Culture (DAC) and DCAS. A wide range of activities are hosted in the build-up to Africa Day, which will be commemorated on 25 May 2016.
Programmes at the libraries are promised to be fun filled and interactive and will include craft projects such as bead and mask making as well as colouring in competitions for the younger audience. Adults are treated to screenings of African documentary films.
The Africa Month Library Service Roadshows will be as follows:
- 11 May - CJ Langehoven and Dysselsdorp Libraries
- 12 May - Africa Month Celebrations. Ladismith Library
- 18 May - Ceres, Tulbagh and Witzenville Libraries
- 19 May - Villiersdorp Library
- 24 May - Diazville Library
- 25 May - Saldanha Library
- 27 May - Ocean View Library
- 31 May - Stellenbosch and Franschhoek Libraries
Africa has a rich and diverse heritage and is a key partner for development. Come celebrate our dynamic opportunities and achievements. Let us inspire a united sense of African Pride, BETTER TOGETHER.