Water is a critical resource to support social and economic development. Economic growth is important for the well-being of our citizens of the WC.
- Honeybush tea Small industry, big potential
- Waste Trikes for informal recyclers
- Resource Economic Studies in the Berg/Breede Catchments
- Reporting Section 30 incidents
- RSEP/VPUU: Building safe and sustainable neighbourhoods
Welcome to the Department of Environmental Affairs and Development Planning.
Our mandate is to enable a resilient, sustainable, quality and inclusive living environment for all. We’re committed to improving urban and rural areas through enhanced management of land, an enhanced climate change plan, and better living conditions for all.
See more about what we do by clicking on one of the Chief Directorates below: