Water is a critical resource to support social and economic development. Economic growth is important for the well-being of our citizens of the WC.
SANBI has provided funding to DEA&DP to combat the illegal clearing of indigenous vegetation in the Cape Winelands District Municipality.
- Climate Change Risks/Impacts on the Health Sector, WC
- Resource Economic Studies in the Berg/Breede Catchments
- Reporting Section 30 incidents
- RSEP/VPUU: Building safe and sustainable neighbourhoods
- R4.1million Project launched to Combat Illegal Clearing
Welcome to the Department of Environmental Affairs and Development Planning.
Our mandate is to enable a resilient, sustainable, quality and inclusive living environment for all. We’re committed to improving urban and rural areas through enhanced management of land, an enhanced climate change plan, and better living conditions for all.
See more about what we do by clicking on one of the Chief Directorates below: