Provincial Cabinet: Overview
The Cabinet Ministers and the Premier are charged with:
- Implementing provincial legislation.
- Implementing appropriate national legislation.
- Coordinating the functions of the Provincial Government and its departments.
- Preparing and initiating provincial legislation.
- Ms Helen Zille - Premier.
- Mr Theuns Botha - Minister for Health.
- Mr Gerrit van Rensburg - Minister for Agriculture.
- Mr Dan Plato - Minister for Community Safety.
- Mr Robin Carlisle - Minister for Transport and Public Works.
- Mr Albert Fritz - Minister for Social Development.
- Mr Alan Winde - Minister for Finance, Economic Development and Tourism.
- Mr Anton Bredell - Minister for Local Government, Environment Affairs and Development Planning.
- Mr Bonginkosi Madikizela - Minister for Housing.
- Mr Donald Grant - Minister for Education.
- Dr Ivan Meyer - Minister for Cultural Affairs and Sport.
View the Provincial Cabinet Poster.
An open opportunity society for all.
The Western Cape Government will promote freedom and opportunity for all the people of the province through:
- Policies and practices that strengthen the Constitution.
- Create the conditions for sustainable economic and employment growth.
- Alleviate poverty by providing a welfare safety net for those unable to provide for themselves.
- Ensure the safety of every person.
- Capital and skills.
- Deliver clean, efficient, cost-effective, transparent and responsive public administration.
Truth, Accountability, Personal responsibility, Excellence, Choice, Fitness for purpose.
1. Increase economic empowerment for all the people of the Western Cape.
2. Reduce poverty through promoting opportunities for all.
3. Promote rural development.
4. Efficient and effective infrastructure.
5. Sustainable human settlements.
6. Improve individual and household capacity to respond to opportunity.
7. Improve efficiency and effectiveness in health, education, well-being and safety.
8. Sustainable resource use through greater spatial integration.
9. Effective public and non-motorised transport.
10. Responsive and effective governance.