Premier of the Western Cape: Overview
The Premier is the head of the Western Cape Government. The Premier has the authority to:
- Agree to and sign Bills.
- Refer Bills to Provincial Parliament and the Constitutional Court to ensure that it is in line with the Constitution.
- Summon the Provincial Parliament to an extraordinary sitting for special or urgent business.
- Appoint commissions of inquiry.
- Call for referendums in the Western Cape in line with national legislation.
- The Department of the Premier gives strategic direction to provincial departments by developing policy and the Provincial Plan of Action.
|more about her, her history and career.|
|press releases and speeches.|
|Western Cape's Draft Strategic Plan, the State of the Province Address, Premier's Coordinating Forum (PCF) and the Premier's Dashboard.|
|team behind the Premier and how to contact them.|
The content on this page was last updated on 27 October 2014