Further Education & Training (Grades 10 - 12) | Western Cape Government

Further Education & Training (Grades 10 - 12)

Accessing Technical Vocational Education and Training

Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) is post-school education and training that prepares you for your career of choice.

Bursaries and Financial Assistance for School Leavers

(Public Information)
Various provincial government departments offer bursaries and financial assistance for school leavers and students. Below is a list of the available bursaries and financial assistance.

Department of Education Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Website

This website contains information for the Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Colleges in South Africa

Examination Information and Results

Western Cape Matric Results

Find a School Near You

The Western Cape Education Department maintains a database of schools and centres in the Province. You can search this database by: School name. Language of instruction. Suburb or town. Education district. Type of school (primary etc). Subjects offered (Grades 8 to12). Special centres (art, music etc).

Online Career Advice

The National Youth Development Agency contains details on numerous career options and the study requirements for each. The information includes: a description of the career personal characteristics that match the career schooling required (including subject choice) tertiary education required potential employers useful sources of information on the career related career options bursary opportunities.  

Registering a Private FET College

FET is the education and training provided from Grades 10 to 12, including career-oriented education and the training offered in technical colleges, community colleges and private colleges. Private institutions offering FET programmes must register with the Department of Higher Education and Training in accordance with the Further Education and Training Colleges Act, 2006 (Act No 16 of 2006).

Replacing your senior certificate

If you’ve lost your matric certificate and need to replace it, or if you need a duplicate copy made, you can apply for a replacement at the Western Cape Education Department.