If you build a vehicle up from parts, or if the tare of the vehicle changes, you will have to obtain a mass measuring certificate before you will be able to register the vehicle.
You can get your vehicle weighed at any private entity which operates a weighbridge, who must issue a weighbridge certificate containing the following information as stipulated in Regulation 66.
- A mass measuring certificate issued on a form similar to form MMC, or on form MMC as shown in Schedule 2, shall be obtained by the applicant at his or her own expense from a person in charge of a registered weighbridge facility.
- The tare of a motor vehicle referred to in subregulation (1), shall be determined in the presence of a registered weighbridge operator employed at the facility referred to in subregulation (1).
- A mass measuring certificate issued under this regulation shall contain the following information:
- The chassis number expressed in not more than 17 alpha-numerical characters,
- the licence number of the motor vehicle, if applicable,
- a general description of the motor vehicle,
- the tare of the motor vehicle expressed in kilograms in not more than 5 figures,
- the name and address of the body that operates the mass measuring equipment,
- the name and identity number of the person referred to in subregulation (2),
- the date on which the motor vehicle was weighed.
Tel: 0860 212 414
SMS and Please Call Me: 079 769 1207
Fax: 021 483 7216