MEC Patricia De Lille to Launch Department's Maiden Social Development Indaba
Social Development Minister Patricia de Lille will be the keynote speaker at the Department's Indaba, which runs tomorrow and Wednesday, 26 and 27 October 2010.
The Social Development Indaba, the first of its kind, aims to create a more efficient, effective and unified social development sector.
'I am a firm believer in people-centred development. Our closest partner is the NGO sector and this is why we are going to work together to turn our difficult marriage into a happy marriage,' Ms De Lille says.
'I also want to assure all stakeholders that over the next two days we are going to find solutions. After that we are going to implement those solutions.'
The intended outcomes of the Indaba are to:
- Improve delivery of services in relation to the Children's Act and Child Justice Act
- Obtain the NGO sector's input on the Department's funding policy
- Improve the Department and NGO sector's response to the priority challenges of poverty, substance abuse and children
All members of the media are invited to attend the Minister's speech.
Date: 26 and 27 October 2010
Time: 08H30 sharp
Venue: Medical Research Council, Parow - see directions below
Refreshments will be served.
Directions from N1 to MRC:
- Take exit for M16 toward Jip De Jager Drive/Mike Pienaar Blvd - 0.7m
- Merge onto Table Bay Blvd - 16m
- Turn right @ Jip De Jager Avenue/M16 - 1.7km
- Turn right @ Francie van Zijl Drive /M16 - 1.9km
- Slight right to stay on Francie Van Zijl Drive/M16 - 1.5km
- Turn right @ Duiker Street (destination on the left) - 54m
Direction from N2 to MRC:
- Head east on N2 - 3.2km
- Take exit 38 - Firgrove for M9 toward Macassar Road/M9 - 0.2km
- Turn right to merge onto N2 - 19.6km
- Take exit 18 toward M28/Borcherds Quarry Road - 0.4Km
- Turn right @ Borcherds Quarry Road/M22 - 3.2km
- Turn right @ Modderdam Road East/West/M10 - 1.7km
- Slight left @ De La Rey Street/M29 - 3.3km
- Turn right @ Francie Van Zijl/M16 - 0.5km
- Turn left @ Duikers Street (destination on the left) - 38km
Cell: 084 233 3811