Invitation to Take Part in the Investment Readiness Programme 2014
The Investment Readiness Programme seeks to capacitate early stage, high growth SMEs through a training programme called, Find, Make, Grow and Realise (FMGR) in partnership with Knife Capital. The 2-day Course will take place at UCT GSB in Cape Town on 11-12 November 2014.
The training programme is a two-day short course where entrepreneurs will be given the skills needed to engage and promote investment into their firms via Angel Investments (private equity).
- Understand the high growth investment process.
- Develop practical skills in investment selection, due diligence, legal closing, portfolio management and successful realisation strategies.
- Meet various players in the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Obtain practical skills in pitching to potential investors.
- Obtain practical inputs in building and refining a winning pitch and presentation.
- Learn how to increase the exit value of your business.
- Obtain a number of investment and draft legal templates.
- Must be operational, i.e. not in concept phase.
- Must be based in the Western Cape.
- Must have a business plan and must be updated.
- Must be willing to offer equity in return for financial investment.
- Must be seeking investment to induce growth.
- Only one representative per successful applicant entity may be nominated to attend the course (preferably a senior manager, founder, CEO, managing director or partner).
- Must be willing to attend in Cape Town in the last week of August or first week of September.