How to get your matric results | Western Cape Government

How to get your matric results

(Western Cape Government)
Western Cape matrics, the wait for your results is over!

How to get your results
  1. On Friday 21 January 2022, you can visit the Western Cape Education Department's website (available from 11:00 onwards).
  2. Go to your high school on 21 January 2022. Results should be available as from 11:00.

What are Bachelor’s Degree, Diploma, Higher Certificate and Special Needs Education (SNE) passes?

Bachelor’s PassMatric Exams means you can apply for a degree course at a university or university of technology and may study for a higher certificate, diploma or bachelor’s degree.

To achieve a Bachelor's pass, you must:  

  • Pass 6 of the 7 subjects offered.
  • Of which 4 Subjects must be at least a 50% (level 4) achievement, excluding Life Orientation.
  • Including Home Language 40% Compulsory Pass.
  • 30% Pass in one other subject.

Diploma Pass requires 40% in 4 higher credit subjects, 40% in 3 lower credit subjects, and you may fail 1 subject. With this pass, you can enrol for a bridging course at a Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college or at a university of technology.

To receive a Diploma Pass, a student must: 

  • Pass 6 of the 7 subjects offered.
  • Subjects include Home Language at 40% Compulsory Pass /excluding Life Orientation
  • 30% Pass in Language of Learning and Teaching (LOLT)

A Higher Certificate Pass requires a 40% pass in your Home Language, at least 40% in 3 subjects and at least 30% in 3 other subjects. This pass allows you to study for a Higher Certificate. 

For Special Needs Education (SNE) learners to obtain a NSC endorsement the requirements are 30% in the required official language at Home Language or First Additional Language level and a minimum if 30% in four other subjects.

I was unsuccessful, what do I do now?

You could also consider rewriting your exam. This is known as the supplementary exam.

Only candidates who were registered for and wrote the November 2021 NSC examination may apply to write a supplementary exam.

Learners may register to write the examination if:

  • they failed to meet the requirements in the November examination;
  • they passed but seek to improve their performance; or
  • they were absent from the writing of one or more question papers due to ill-health or other unforeseen circumstances.

Application forms will be available at schools offering the NSC and on the WCED website.

The closing date for NSC June 2022 supplementary examination applications is 15 March 2022.

Any enquiries related to the NSC supplementary examination can be forwarded to You can also call the following telephone numbers: 021 467 2974 / 2936 / 2914 / 2732 / 2990 / 2917 / 2909 / 2941

Matric ExamsWhat if I want to have my papers remarked?

Candidates may apply for the remarking or rechecking of their scripts if they feel that the marks allocated on the written papers are not a true reflection of their performance.

Applications for remarking or rechecking close on 4 February 2022. No late applications will be accepted and the applications MUST be done online at

The cost for remarking is R104 per subject, rechecking is R25 per subject, and viewing of scripts (only after remarking and rechecking) is R200.  

Once you have received your results, AFTER rechecking and remarking, you may apply to view your answer script.
Apply to view your answer scripts at with proof of payment.

Payments can be made by EFT or at a Nedbank branch:

Bank: Nedbank
Account name: WCED
Account type: Current Account
Account number: 1452 045 089
Branch code: 145 209
Deposit reference: 15 + ID Number

I want to further my studies, where can I apply?

There are several globally recognised and accredited universities, universities of technology and Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges in the Western Cape. Depending on the type of pass you achieved, you can apply at the following institutions:

Cape Peninsula University of Technology
University of the Western Cape
University of Cape Town
Stellenbosch University
University of South Africa (Unisa)
College of Cape Town
False Bay College
Northlink College
West Coast College
Boland College
South Cape College

Where can I get financial assistance for higher education?

Many private institutions are offering financial support. For bursaries offered by the Western Cape Government, you can visit our bursaries page for more information. 

The content on this page was last updated on 31 December 2021