Health Research Approval Process
This section contains documents relating to health research in the Western Cape.
As of the 1 September 2014 the National Health Research Database goes live, anyone requesting access approval to facilities under the authority of provincial health will be required to register and submit their application online.
Kindly note the process for City of Cape Town (Cape Town Municipality: City Health) applications are now on line and can be accessed via the link below.
Apply for approval on the National Health Research Database: https://nhrd.health.gov.za/
The City of Cape Town (Cape Town Municpality: City Health) research proposal link http://www.capetown.gov.za/City-Connect/Access-information/Submit-a-research-request
- Guidelines for Approval of Health Research in the Western Cape
- Annexure 2
- Annual report template
- Final report template
- Priority Workshop 2010
- Executive Summary of the Western Cape Provincial Health Strategic Planning (2016)
- Provincial Health Research Newsletter: Issue 1; Issue 2; Issue 4; Issue 5; Issue 6; Issue 7; Issue 8
- Provincial Research Day Report 2015/2016
- Health Research Proposals Approved 2009 - 2010
- Provincial Research Committee Terms of Reference
- Primary Care Research: 2014
- South African Good Clinical Practice: Clinical Trial Guidelines
Data User Requests
Important: in order for your application to be processed the following requirements must be met:
- Complete all the fields in the Annexure 2
- Any outstanding reports from previously completed projects must be submitted
- All the required documentation must be submitted
Please note: The minimum turnaround time is 8 weeks and the current turnaround time is 85% within 3 weeks.
Notice: Applications for the NHRD is closed from 15 December 2016 and reopens 15 January 2017.
Provincial Health Research Day
When: Date for 2017 to be confirmed.
Where: To be confirmed later in 2017.
Health Research Contact:
Tel: 021 483 0866