Enter now for the Premier's Entrepreneurship Recognition Awards
Premier's Entrepreneurship Recognition Awards 2014
- Emerging business – Any business operating in the Western Cape for 12 months or longer.
- Established business – Any business operating in the Western cape for 5 years or longer.
- Social enterprise – Any business operating in the Western Cape for 12 months or longer, and which aims to address a social challenge through innovation.
- Green business – Any business operating in the Western Cape for 12 months or longer, and which contributes to or offers solutions in energy or environmental sustainability.
- Best innovative student idea – Any full-time student in the Western Cape who has an innovative business idea.
- a valid ID document
- a valid business registration with CIPC
- a valid tax clearance certificate
- up to date financial statements, management accounts and a business bank account
- demonstrate sound financial performance over the last year
- evidence of entrepreneurial management and leadership.
3. How to enter
- You can enter for the Awards by registering on the competition website.
- You can continue working on your entry form, even if you've already registered.
- Entry is also possible using a printable hard copy entry form.
- Let us know if you have any questions regarding your entry.
4. The prizes
This year, the Western Cape Premier’s Entrepreneurship Recognition Awards offers a total of R600 000 in prizes.
The winners will be announced by the Premier at the prestigious Awards event to be held in November 2014.
In addition to these prizes, 10 winners of other business and entrepreneurship competitions from the Western Cape will be recognized and awarded with special achievement plaques.
Winners will also receive special, one-of-a-kind plaques to display at their business premises.
|Category||Prize (per category)|
|Winner: Emerging business||R90 000 cash|
|Winner: Established business||R90 000 cash|
|Winner: Social enterprise||R90 000 cash|
|Winner: Green Business||R90 000 cash|
|Best Innovative Student Idea||R90 000 cash|
|Overall Winner: Entrepreneur of the Year|
Trip for two people to attend a global
R50 000 in cash to be used to develop the business
Visit the Awards website to enter.
CLOSING DATE: 15 SEPTEMBER 2014 (EXTENDED DEADLINE)
Good luck, and we look forward to seeing an exciting group of entrepreneurs receive their Awards in 2014!