Western Cape 2005 Sport Summit
Sport administrators, officials, sport law experts and senior leaders in the sporting fraternity of the Western Cape, will gather at the Navy Complex in Saldanha for a two-day Sport Summit. The gathering scheduled for 11-12 November 2005, will see provincial sport leaders tackling challenges negatively affecting the development of sport and recreation including issues of transformation.
The summit has the following objectives:
- To realize equitable access to financial resources for sustainable development of sport by recognized sport bodies
- Sustainable development of junior sport programmes
- Integrated sport and recreation corporate governance framework
- Review and alignment of the Western Cape Charter with that of National
- Ascertain how federations (other than football) can contribute and benefit from the Western Cape leg of 2010 FIFA World Cup.
MEC Jacobs will address the sport leadership of the Western Cape and set the tone for the two-day summit. The summit is expected to come up with a plan of action designed to raise the profile of the business of sport and recreation in the province.
All media is invited to attend as follows:
Date: 11-12 November 2005
Time: 13h00 - 11 November 2005, official opening
Venue: Navy Complex, Saldanha Bay, West Coast
For further media enquiries please contact:
Mandla Yeki at: 082 5533477
Spokesperson for Ministry:
Cultural Affairs and Sport
Tel: (021) 483 9804
Fax:(021) 483 9801
Green Market Square
Home for All~Tuiste vir Almal~ Ikhaya lethu Sonke