Minister Madikizela to Launch Rectification Program in Mandlenkosi Beaufort West
The Western Cape Minister of Human Settlements, Bonginkosi Madikizela, will launch the rectification program in Mandlenkosi, Beaufort West, Western Cape with the executive Mayor of Beaufort West, Mr T Prince, on Monday 11 March 2013.
64 houses were erected in the area during the early 1980s, yet many have structural problems. The houses are still owned by the Beaufort West Municipality and they are in a process of transferring the properties to the beneficiaries. The total project cost is R4 805 800.00 for 64 units
The following criteria for rectification are being used.
- Only houses occupied by the original beneficiary will qualify for rectification.
- Qualification for rectification in terms of this program apply to those houses:-
- that are “unfit for habitation”
- where major damage has occurred to the super structures.
- that need to be rectified due to problematic municipal services
- that have structural defects
All media are invited.
Date: 11 March 2013
Place: Mandlenkosi, Beaufort West, Western Cape
For Directions: Mr Zali Mbali 083 579 8554
Spokesman for Minister Bonginkosi Madikizela
Ministry of Human Settlements
Cell: 072 4655 177
Tel: 021 483 6622
Fax: 021 483 3888