Update on agriculture and agri processing jobs; impact of drought on growth
On Tuesday (17 October 2017), the Western Cape Government will provide an update on the status of jobs and economic growth in the agriculture and agri processing sectors.
Alan Winde, Minister of Economic Opportunities, will brief the media together with the Western Cape Government and Wesgro teams leading the Project Khulisa growth strategy.
Key points will include:
- Jobs growth since the launch of Project Khulisa in 2014;
- Wine export volumes to key markets;
- Investment into agriculture and agri processing;
- Progress on key economic projects;
- The impact of threats like drought and avian influenza on jobs and growth targets
Date: Tuesday, 17 October 2017
Venue: Ministry of Economic Opportunities, 142 Long Street
To RSVP, kindly contact Bronwynne Jooste on 060 970 4301.
Spokesperson: Alan Winde, Minister of Economic Opportunities
Responsible for Tourism, Economic Development and Agriculture
Western Cape Government
142 Long Street, Cape Town
Tel: 021 483 3550
Cell: 060 970 4301