Big improvements for Prince Albert Hospital and Clinic
A special ceremony was held on 17 August 2015 at Prince Albert Hospital to celebrate the completion of the upgrades to both the hospital and the clinic. Improvements to both facilities have had a positive impact on our patients’ experience as most of the improvements have a direct impact on service delivery.
“Access to health service is central to my vision of building healthy, resilient, wellness conscious individuals. The Western Cape Government is committed to providing quality healthcare services, and infrastructure to all in the Western Cape. We are working hard at improving patient experiences at our facilities, and this much needed upgrade will in effect contribute to that, said Minister Mbombo.
• a new Central Sterile Supply Department (CSSD)
• upgraded registration area: The new unit is larger and has more space for folders. The new computer system and equipment also improves service delivery.
• two new public toilets
• a new waiting area: The hospital did not previously have a waiting area but now have ample space for patients to wait. There is also a television and facilities for moms to change nappies.
• new office for the administration block
• three new stores
• revamped Information Management Office
• new clinic reception
• revamped HAST office
• new baby room at clinic
• new Pharmacy
• helipad in 2013 at a cost of R900 000
Prince Albert Hospital treats about 370 patients at their emergency centre per month. The average admissions per month are 188. Weekly X-rays are done on a Tuesday by staff from Beaufort West Hospital. Prince Albert Clinic treats an average of 1 880 patients per month. Service includes the primary health care package with outreaches from George Hospital for services such as Physiotherapy and Dietetics. Psychiatry services are rendered by staff from Beaufort West Hospital. The burden of disease includes TB, HIV and the lifestyle diseases hypertension and diabetes.
Principal Communications Officer
Eden and Central Karoo Districts
Western Cape Government Health
Tel: 044 501 5751
Fax: 044 501 5719