Death | Western Cape Government

22Covid-19 Alerts

COVID-19 Vaccine Information and Dashboard

View Vaccine information

Other COVID-19 Information and Dashboard

View COVID-19 information

TB Information and Dashboard

View TB information


Click on a service for full details.
When you die, your estate is divided between your family or the people that you want to have inherit from you. The estate consists of your personal property and possessions, as well as any money or other assets owed by you.
When you register a death with the Department of Home Affairs, you will be issued with an abridged death certificate.
When a person dies, the family, or a person present at the death, must report the death to the Registrar of Births and Deaths. The Births and Deaths Registration Act 51 of...