Western Cape Cultural Commission
The Western Cape Cultural Commission (WCCC) is a statutory body that advises the Minister of Cultural Affairs and Sport on the preservation, promotion and development of arts and culture in the communities it represents. The commission members are nominated by the public and appointed by the Minister.
The Commission consists of three committees, with the chairperson of each constituting the Executive Committee. Cultural Councils and Facilities are the two committees of the WCCC. In addition to committee meetings, plenary sessions are held.
The committees of the WCCC work towards the services required of their respective portfolios:
Execution of work
Officials of the Department of Cultural Affairs and Sport (DCAS) in the Western Cape fulfil the executive and administrative functions associated with the WCCC.
The WCCC members for the 2018-2021 term are:
Call for nominations
The Western Cape Provincial Parliament’s Standing Committee on Cultural Affairs and Sport invites the general public to nominate suitable persons to serve on the Western Cape Cultural Commission. Nominations must be made on the prescribed nomination form (below) and must be submitted by no later than 12:00 on Friday, 10 September 2021.
For more information, please read the advertisement document:
To make an nomination, please use the nomination form:
021 483 9722
021 483 9711
3rd Floor, Protea Assurance Building, Greenmarket Square, Cape Town, 8001
Western Cape Cultural Commission,
|Overseeing Government Body:||(Western Cape Government)|
- Background on the Western Cape Cultural Commission (Public Information)
- General Policy Statement with Regard to Funded Projects (Policies)
- Western Cape Cultural Commissions and Cultural Councils Act, 1998 (Act) (File type: pdf; size: 20.44 KB)
- Workshops: Funding for Cultural Organisations for 2005/2006 (Public Information)
- Application Form: Funding for Cultural Organisations (Forms) (File type: pdf; size: 449.48 KB)