Buying & Owning a Home | Western Cape Government

Buying & Owning a Home

Draft Housing Consumers Protection Measures Amendment Bill

(Draft Bill)
(File type: pdf; size: 408.52 KB)Department of Human Settlements (National) (The Government of South Africa)
This Bill amends the Housing Consumers Protection Measures Act, 1998, so as to: Provide for certain revised definitions and the insertion of a new definition of "owner builder". Provide for the application for exemption of owner builders. Transfer the powers of granting exemption from the Minister to the National Home Builders Registration Council.

Title Deeds: Proof of Property Ownership

If you're planning to buy a new property, you'll need to get the title deed transferred into your name to prove that you own the property. You'll need the assistance of a lawyer specialising in property transfers (also known as a conveyancer) to help you transfer the title deed into your name.