Department of Transport (National): Overview
The aim of the Department of Transport is to facilitate the provision of an affordable, safe and sustainable transport system, which is responsive to the needs of transport users.
The Department is responsible for:
- planning new transport infrastructure
- regulating the transport system
- supporting the transport system through subsidization where necessary
- managing and maintaining the transport system.
Some of the major projects that the Department is involved in are:
- the Arrive Alive Campaign
- Mobility with Safety - the national bicycle programme
- the Taxi Recapitalisation Programme.
The content on this page was last updated on 20 August 2013