The Government of South Africa - Draft Bills: 2003
This Bill adds to and amends the Agricultural Produce Agents Act, 1992. It revises the constitution of the council regulating the professions of fresh produce agent, livestock agents and export agents, provides for the extension of the jurisdiction of the council to export agents and enhances the regulating authority of the council.
- Replace the designation of facilities by the Minister with approval by the Member of the Executive Council, and making regulations connected thereto.
- Enable public and private facilities offering 24-hour maternity service to provide termination of pregnancy services.
- Provide for the recording of information and submission of statistics.
- Provide for the conduct of a land rights enquiry to determine the transition from old order rights to new order rights.
- Provide for the democratic administration of communal land provide for Land Rights Boards.
- Provide for the co-operative performance of municipal functions on communal land and for matters incidental thereto.
- Provide for certain revised definitions and the insertion of a new definition of "owner builder".
- Provide for the application for exemption of owner builders.
- Transfer the powers of granting exemption from the Minister to the National Home Builders Registration Council.
- Amend and insert certain definitions.
- Provide for the reconstitution and renaming of the Wine and Spirit Board and to limit its area of responsibility.
- Provide for compulsory particulars on containers.
- Comply with the Republic's international obligations.
- Ensure the Act's compatibility with the Constitution and general legal principles.
- Provide gender-equal terminology, and to provide for matters connected therewith.
- Amend certain definitions.
- Qualify the application of the Act.
- Prohibit the arrangement or organisation of occupation of land and buildings without the owner's consent.
- Amend certain provisions relating to the prohibition of receipt or solicitation of consideration in respect of unlawful occupation of land and buildings.
- Create offences and penalties for contravention of certain provisions.
It takes the following into account:
- Substitute a definition.
- Make provision for a medical opinion in certain circumstances.
- Provide for additional information to be considered when contemplating sterilisation.