Western Cape Tourism Webinar Series
The Western Cape Department of Economic Development and Tourism is pleased to invite members from the tourism industry to a series of webinars exploring efforts to reopen the Western Cape tourism economy safely. Prominent local and international panellists will share their inputs on the latest global and local trends.
5 webinars are planned tackling issues such as Destination readiness, Exhibitions, Business events, Global destination responses to the crisis: how destinations are planning for a new normal and Destination reputation management and positioning
Featuring prominent local and international experts from the tourism sector, the tourism webinar series will cover the following topics:
- 30 July, 2pm: Destination Readiness – This webinar will focus on opening safely and the Covid-19 health and safety protocols for tourism businesses developed by industry bodies such as TBCSA, SATSA, FEDHASA and AAVEA.
- 06 August, 2pm: Exhibitions – This webinar will focus on the future of trade and consumer exhibitions given the global pandemic and economic downturn and what destinations can do to support recovery.
- 13 August, 2pm: Business Travel – This webinar will focus on international best practice in business travel and opening safely during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- 20 August, 2pm: Global Destination Best Practice – This webinar will focus on international best practice to guide plans for a new normal, and ideas on how to pivot to attract visitors when destinations are ready to open.
- 27 August, 2pm: Destination Reputation Management – This webinar will focus on addressing challenges around destination brand reputation during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Tourism Webinar Information Download here