Western Cape 2013 Equitable Share Will Allow for Even Better Service Delivery
Following a process of extensive intergovernmental deliberations, the Western Cape has been awarded a share of the 2013 national budget reflective of the increased population data observed in the 2011 Census.
- the 2011 Census on the population and the school-age cohort (5 to 17 year olds);
- the 2012 School Realities Survey conducted by the Department of Basic Education on school enrolment;
- the 2011 General Household Survey for medical aid coverage;
- the Risk Equalisation Fund for the risk-adjusted capitation index;
- the 2010 gross domestic product by region (GDP-R) survey; and
- the 2010 Income and Expenditure Survey for poverty.
Phumzile Van Damme
Spokesperson for Minister Alan Winde
Cell: 082 378 2235