Media Alert: Minister Carlisle to Launch “It Only Takes a Second to Save a Life” Campaign
On Thursday 21 November, Minister of Transport and Public Works Robin Carlisle will launch the Safely Home "It Only Takes A Second To Save A Life" Campaign.
The campaign is a multi-media campaign aimed at increasing awareness around the very dire need for more seat-belt compliance amongst road users in the Western Cape.
Minister Carlisle will be outlining the details of the campaign, including the mediums used as part of this multi-media campaign.
As part of the launch of the campaign, Minister Carlisle will also be unveiling the "Buckle Up: It Only Takes A Second To Save A Life" billboard at one of Cape Town’s busiest intersections, encouraging motorists to ensure that both they, and their passengers, are buckled up.
Venue: Bellville Station, Intersection of Tienie Meyer Bypass (M11) and Robert Sobukwe Road (M10).
Date: Thursday, 21 November 2013
- Take the N1 towards Paarl/Belville/R27/Milnerton.
- Take exit 23 for Willie Van Schoor Avenue toward R302/Durban Road
- Turn right onto Durban Rd
- Turn left onto Voortrekker Rd/R102
- Turn right onto Robert Sobukwe Rd
- Billboard is on your left, where Tienie Meyer Bypass meets Robert Sobukwe Road
To get to parking, turn left on Belrail Road, then right into De Villiers Road, right again onto Tulbagh Street which is right behind the billboard.