Learner Transport Law Enforcement Operation in Mossel Bay
The Department of Transport and Public Works will partner with the Mossel Bay Municipality and National Department of Transport to host a learner transport law enforcement operation in Mossel Bay at the Milkwood Primary School on Friday, 17 October 2014.
The operation will be conducted through a Vehicle Checkpoint (VCP), where provincial and municipal traffic officials will be monitoring and checking public transport vehicles for legal and safety compliance. The Road Safety Management component at the Department of Transport and Public Works will promote road safety by distributing pamphlets and promotional items to learners.
This operation forms part of various activities that are scheduled for October Transport Month 2014 which focuses on the theme, “Road Safety for Kids”.
Getting children safely to and from school remains a top priority for the partners.
Read more on OTM 2014 activities:
- Major operations and interventions during OTM 2014.
- Statement by Ministers Schäfer and Grant: One Child Killed On the Way to School Is One Too Many
- News: The Road Accident Fund's “RAF on the Road” Campaign Event in Mfuleni
- News: Safely Home Launches Child Pedestrian Fatalities Map
- Speech: Ministers Take Level Crossing Safety Message to the Stellenbosch Community
- Speech: Urgent Intervention Needed To Curb Road Deaths and Injuries