Departmental Budget Speeches 2022
Find out how the Western Cape Government's 13 departments will be spending their allocated budget.
Provincial budget speech for 2022
Western Cape Finance Minister David Maynier delivered the 2022 Provincial Budget Speech on 14 March 2022. In his speech he outlined the provincial government's priority spending plan for the next financial year.
The 2022 Western Cape Budget, "A Budget to Push Forward" is a budget of hope, calling on all of us to push forward and to do even better in the Western Cape.
The 2022 Western Cape Budget provides total expenditure amounting to R77.3 billion in 2022/2023.
Departmental budget speeches
Each provincial department is allocated a budget that is used to deliver services in the province, and to help the province reach its Provincial Strategic Goals.
In their budget presentations to provincial parliament, the provincial ministers outline how their budget allocation will be spent in their department.
Find out how the provincial departments plan to spend their 2022 budgets, and how these plans may impact you in the year ahead. You can view each of the provincial budget speeches below, as soon as they become available:
- Department of Local Government
- Department of Transport and Public Works
- Department of Human Settlements
- Department of Cultural Affairs and Sport
- Department of Health
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Economic Development and Tourism
- Western Cape Education Department
- Department of Social Development
- Provincial Treasury
- Department of the Premier
- Department of Community Safety
- Department of Environmental Affairs and Development Planning