Down Syndrome Support
1. Awareness workshops/ talks on Down Syndrome and intellectual disability.
2. Therapeutic services : individual and family counselling services for parents of children with Down Syndrome and other intellectual disabilities.
3. Parental support and training programme for emotional support, to equip parents to prevent or handle behavioural problems positively, improve parenting skills.
4. Early Childhood Intervention Programme: Red Cross Children's Hospital, mobile toy library service and outreach at Bonteheuwel, Atlantis, Fisantekraal and Khayelitsha.
5. Early Childhood Intervention Programme: Age appropriate school readiness programme parents.
Type of Disability: Down's Syndrome
|Location:||Rondebosch, Cape Town|
|Owned / Funded by / Endorsed by:||(Western Cape Government)|
|Facility Category:||Social Service Organisations (SSO)|
58 Out Patients Dept, Red Cross Children Hospital, Klipfontein Road, Rondebosch, 7701
|Telephone:||021689 1519 / 021 658 5526|
Contact person: Valerie Hoy