Cape Mental Health
1. Information sessions on general mental health conditions and services of the Cape Mental Health.
2. Assessment and counselling of people with difficulty coping with/ exhibiting mental health conditions eg, anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress symptoms.
3. Assessment and counselling of clients with mental health conditions and their families aimed at improving their functioning, ensuring adequate care and protection, developing insight and responsible self reliant behaviour.
4. Life skills training programme for people with mental health conditions.
5. Carer support programme for parents aimed at equipping parents with knowledge and skills to respond appropriately to challenges and needs of mental health care users.
6. Mental Health Training Programme for service providers (role-players).
7. Schools Programmes - presentations and workshops to learners at designated schools aimed at increasing mental health awareness and healthy life choices, as well as awareness of available supporting resources.
8. Sexual Abuse Empowerment (SAVE) Programme to complainants with intellectual disability who have been sexually abused. Service includes:
Types of Disability: Intellectual Disability
|Location:||Observatory, Cape Town|
|Owned / Funded by / Endorsed by:||(Western Cape Government)|
|Facility Category:||Social Service Organisations (SSO)|
18 Ivy Street, Observary, Cape Town, 7935
|Telephone:||021 447 9040|
Contact person: Ingrid Daniels