Department of Transport and Public Works: About Us
The Department of Transport and Public Works (DTPW) delivers services through the following branches:
- Transport Management
- Road Network Management
- Provincial Public Works
- Strategy, Planning and Co-ordination
Service Delivery Charter
- View the Service Delivery Charter (full document) of the department.
- View the Service Delivery Charter poster in three languages.
Customer Service Charter
- View the Customer Service Charter of the department.
- View the organisational structure of the department.
- View the management team of the Department of Transport and Public Works
The DTPW’s own vision is consistent with the Western Cape Government’s vision: “To lead in the delivery of government infrastructure and related services”.
The DTPW delivers infrastructure and services to promote socio-economic outcomes and safe, empowered and connected communities.
The core values applicable to the Western Cape Government were confirmed as follows: "Caring, Competence, Accountability, Integrity, Responsiveness and Innovation".
These values are all underpinned by the concept of team work and will apply to the Department as well as to all provincial employees.
Contact the department for further information.