Heritage Western Cape (HWC) Section 27/ Section 29/ Section 31/Section 34 - Application for a permit
Application for a permit to destroy, damage, deface, excavate, alter or remove from its original position, subdivide, change the planning status, of a provisionally protected or a heritage area and/ or alter or demolish any structure or part of a structure older than 60 years.
Click on here to download the application form.
The following documentation is required upon submission:
- Completed signed application form
- Proof of payment with correct reference number
- Proof of ownership:
A Power of Attorney must be submitted should the owner not have signed the application form
- Stamped, coloured up, scaled plans. A minimum of 2 set not smaller than A3 seized
- Locality Plan
- Annotated Photographs:
Street scape / contextual – Google images are not accepted
Local authority comments
Registered conservation body comment
A complete list can be found at http://www.hwc.org.za/conservation-bodies
If 30 days commenting period has lapsed, proof of correspondence is required
- Motivation – strongly advise for sites which have significant heritage value and total demolitions
- Surveyor General (SG) Diagrams
- Digital copies of all required documents on CD or USB – USB’s are not returned
Please contact email@example.com for a reference number. Upon request, kindly provide the site details and which application you intend on applying for.
Should you have any further queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org