WHAT IS LOGICT?
LOGICT = Local Government ICT Forum
LOGICT seeks to help local government in the Western Cape to use
information and communication technologies (ICTs) and information
management (IM) technologies more effectively, to improve service
delivery and bring local government closer to citizens.
LOGICT's focus is to:
- Maximise local government investment in ICTs and IM.
- Align strategies, priorities and systems.
- Improve information sharing.
- Bridge the digital divide and bring citizens into the
LOGICT is an advisory body to the local authorities in the Western Cape.
WHAT LOGICT DOES
- Recommends on ICT and IM resources management, policy,
procedures, norms, standards, guidelines and best practices.
- Shares experiences, ideas and plans.
- Identifies opportunities for cooperation across all spheres
of government, and between the public and private sectors.
- Identifies solutions for needs across government.
- Assists with promoting better processes in government, for
example through making use of e-commerce and e-government.
- Makes recommendations on issues relating to the
acquisition, procurement and leasing of ICTs.
WHO IS ON LOGICT?
All Municipalities in the Western Cape.
The Provincial Government of the Western Cape.
SALGA Western Cape.
Public or private institutions, as approved by LOGICT.
Associate Members may include:
Any relevant party.
LOGICT, through the Chairperson, may request advisors, specialists or
any other person as deemed necessary, to attend a meeting / meetings.