Bertram House Museum
Bertram House, situated at the top of Government Avenue in the centre of Cape Town, reopened its doors to the public on 9 December 2010 after extensive renovations.
This house is the only remaining example of the English Georgian-style red brick houses that were once common in Cape Town. It was built c. 1839 by the English immigrant and notary, John Barker, who named it in memory of his first wife, Ann Bertram Findlay.
|Location:||Cape Town, South Africa|
Operating hours: Daily from 10:00 - 17:00
Closed on: Sundays, Christmas Day and Worker's Day
|Owned / Funded by / Endorsed by:||(The Government of South Africa)|
Hiddingh Campus, Orange Street, Cape Town
Bertram House Museum, PO Box 61, Cape Town, 8000
|Telephone:||021 481 3972|