E-Opportunities Management Information System (MIS): Overview
- Broad Based Black Economic Act No 53 of 2003
- Preferential Procurement Policy Framework ACT NO 2000
- Consumer Protection Act No 68 of 2008
- Co-Operatives Act 2005
- Employment Equity Act No 55 of 1998
- The Competition Act 89 of 1998
- Companies Act No 71 of 2008
- Provincial Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment Strategy
- National Broad Based Black Economic Strategy
ELECTRONIC OPPORTUNITIES MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM
Electronic Opportunities Management Information
Entrepreneurs and small business owners in the Western Cape can help overcome the challenges of unemployment in our province by creating more jobs through small, medium and micro business.
The provincial government, through the Department of Economic Development and Tourism, wants to build an economy in which more people are encouraged to start their own businesses.
The Management Information System (MIS) is an access point for the collection of information and the publication of Broad-Based Economic Empowerment (BBEE) and Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE) opportunities.
MIS will provide opportunities in the relevant business sector, all the information needed to set up a business or to contact businesses in which there is an interest, as well as other business support services.
Who will benefit
The site is developed to empower:
- Citizens in rural areas
- Women and youth in business
- People living with disabilities
- Small and emerging black businesses
- Broader community
Who are the partners
The partners include but are not limited to:
- Identified parastatals
- Provincial and National Departments
- Industry bodies funded by government
The next step
- The first phase is intended to provide information on policies, legislation and other documents.
- The second phase is centred on a database identifying economic BBEE opportunities.
Please watch this space for information about the launch of the MIS website.
Increasing the economic participation of beneficiaries of BBEE.
Providers and beneficiaries of BBEE opportunities and information will be linked through the MIS as a single access point.
If you are living in one of the Western Cape's rural areas you can make use of one of our walk-in access points. We will provide you with training and support on the MIS system.
For more information contact:
The Project Manager
Tel: 021 483 8768