Safety Promotion and Partnership: Overview
|Tel:||021 483 6949|
|Fax:||021 483 6591|
The purpose of Crime Prevention and Community Police Relations is to make safety everyone's responsibility by building partnerships, creating forums for promoting active citizenship in the field of community safety and by informing public opinion about the state of safety. This programme also aims to create safety awareness and to provide safer communities through the implementation of neighbourhood watch structures, the promotion of the departmental complaints line, as well as introducing gang and prevention initiatives. Community Police Relations works very closely with the Community Policing Forums (CPF) in the various communities, and aims to capacitate and support them.
These services are delivered through three sub-programmes: Social Crime Prevention, Community Police Relations and Promotion of Safety.
Social Crime Prevention
- Develops and sustains safety strutegies, design safety models and institutions. Training institutions currently under this directorate:
- Chrysalis Academy
- Wolwekloof Academy
- Neighborhood Watch Training
- Community Polcing Forum capacitation
- Co-ordinates frameworks for safety within the Western Cape
- Community Police Relations
- Promotes good community police relatons, by promoting safety and making safety everyone's responsibility
- Implements education and awareness programmes in municipalities, communities social cluster departments and civil society institutions