Security Risk Management: Overview
|Tel:||021 483 6949|
|Fax:||021 483 6591|
Security Risk Management's purpose is to combine the management of systems and processes impacting on the security risk profile of the Western Cape Government (WCG). The mandate of Security Risk Management is to advise and assist the WCG departments and to facilitate a safer service environment.
Security Risk Management consists of three sub-programmes: Programme Support, Provincial Security Provisioning and Security Advisory.
- Aims to ensure optimal use and application of physical secuirty resources and technology to ensure secuirty measures adequetly protects personnel, assets and visitors to WCG facilities.
- In addition, the programme aims to optimise secuirty related resources, services and the related spend within WCG, to facilitate the improvement of wider social conditions and building resilient institutions in support of safer communities through a 'whole organisation' approach.
Provincial Security Provisioning
- Aims to increase security measures to prevent security breaches with regards to theft and the unauthorised access to PGWC facilities.
- The key role of the programme is to organise the effective spending of the different departments of WCG in order to increase safety and prevent fraud within the service delivery environment.
Security Advisory Service
- The key responsibility is to increase the level of compliance by all departments with regards to personnel, information, documents and communication.
- This is achieved through the physical security, the establishment, maintenance and support of committees within WCG departments.
- The function of security committees is to assist, facilitate and ensure greater compliance with safety and security within in the different departments.
The Department also values community feedback, and encourages all citizens to make use of our information helpline. By texting the word “INFO” to 35 395 (SMS charged at R1) citizens will receive an automated menu of services. The menu of services will invite the citizen to SMS any key word, on the list provided, which will grant the user access to safety information. EG: If you SMS word “Complaints” the department will then contact the citizen to get more information in order to take the matter further. If you text the word “PNP”, you would receive information about our community policing needs and priorities meetings.
Upon using the service, contact details are stored on a database, and the Department is then able to inform communities of events, and programs in their respective areas. An opt out function is available at any given time.
Having shared the above, it is safe to say, that DOCS is committed to creating safer communities, Better Together.