Year Beyond: Connecting Youth to Opportunities
Applications to join Year Beyond in 2016 are now open. Apply now!
As part of the Western Cape Government’s commitment to improving education and stemming the problem of learner drop-outs in the province, matric learners and graduate volunteers with mathematics, technology and language skills were invited to give a year of their time to tutor underperforming primary and high school learners full-time in Mass Opportunity and Development (MOD) centres around the Western Cape. Applications are open to local and international volunteers.
The volunteers will provide English literacy and numeracy support to primary schools, and English, maths and homework support to high schools.
The minimum requirements for Year Beyond volunteers are:
- You should not be older than 24 years old.
- You should display personal initiative, courage, leadership and self-management.
- A minimum of a matric certificate with good (60% plus) pass in English and maths is needed.
- You should have computer skills.
- You should demonstrate a commitment to making a difference and having a positive impact on the lives of others.
Find out more about Year Beyond, including information about how the programme works, who you'll be helping and how you can benefit.
Watch one of our Year Beyond volunteers talk about her reasons for joining the programme.
|Stay updated with the latest Year Beyond news by visiting the Year Beyond Facebook page to see the programme in action, watch the volunteers interacting with learners and find out what our partner organisations are up to.|
This Western Cape Government initiative is in partnership with the following organisations: