Masakh'iSizwe Bursary Programme
The name Masakh’iSizwe comes from the Nguni languages and means “Let’s Build the Nation”. It aims to develop the nation through education and training.
The Department of Transport and Public Works established the Masakh’iSizwe Bursary Programme in 2006. It partnered with higher education institutions (HEI), non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and the relevant professional bodies to develop professionals in engineering and the built environment fields by offering bursaries to study towards a degree or higher diploma in the following disciplines:
- Property studies
- Transport economics
- Transportation engineering
- Electrical and/or electronic engineering
- Civil engineering
- Construction management
- Mechanical engineering
- Quantity surveying
- Town/City and regional planning
- Architecture, etc.
The Masakh’iSizwe Bursary Programme:
- Prioritises financially disadvantaged learners when awarding bursaries, especially women, students with disabilities and learners from rural communities.
- Provides support services programmes.
- Secures learning opportunities for Masakh’iSizwe bursars (i.e. interns).
- Secures employment opportunities for graduates.
Masakhisizwe Bursary Programme - Advert 2022 (pdf, 889.31 KB)
Masakhisizwe Bursary Application Form 2023 (pdf, 175.07 KB)
Address for the Masakh'iSizwe Bursary Programme:
- Physical: 9 Lower Burg Str, The Box, 23rd Floor, Cape Town 8000
- Postal: Private Bag X9185, Cape Town, 8000