Work & Study | Western Cape Government

Work & Study

Work, Study and Other Permits

Before you can enter South Africa, you need to have a visa. At the port of entry, your visa will be replaced with a temporary residence permit which states how long you may stay and for what purpose. You need to apply for specific visas before you come to the country. There are various types of visas, depending on why you want to come to the country: