Permits | Western Cape Government


Permits to Modify Historical Buildings

To comply with the National Heritage Resources Act, anyone who wishes to modify historical structures must apply to Heritage Western Cape (HWC) for permission. A historical structure is defined as a building older than 60 years.

Registration of Private Collections of Fossils, Archaeological Artefacts and Meteorites

Legally, owners of privately held collections of fossils, artefacts and meteorites that were collected under previous legislation had until 1 April 2002 to register their collections with the South African Heritage Resources Agency (SAHRA). There are a number of advantages to creating a register of these items: