Looking for Funding for Your Arts and Culture Project and/or EPWP support?
The Department of Cultural Affairs and Sport (DCAS) is making funding available for arts and culture projects and programmes in the 2020/21 financial year.
Who can apply?
Registered arts and culture organisations active in the visual arts, performing arts (e.g. music, dance, and drama) literary arts and crafts: cultural programmes and cultural festivals may submit their applications for project funding and/or EPWP interns.
How will funds be allocated?
Funding will be provided for projects or placement of EPWP beneficiaries that will support and develop the cultural and creative industries by ensuring that:
- Meaningful programmes are supported
- Both production and performance are encouraged
- New entrants are embarked, cultivated and mentored
- Indigenous works are grown
- All three official languages as well as the indigenous languages of the Western Cape and sign language are promoted
- Enhance excellence through furthering artistic value
- Job opportunities and training within the sector is promoted
How to apply
You will need to submit a completed prescribed application form for funding and EPWP respectively, two different application forms, accompanied by the required supporting documentation.
- The prescribed application form is available in Afrikaans, English and Xhosa.
- The invitation is also available in Afrikaans, English and Xhosa.
Deadline for applications: 6 December 2019 at 15:00 and the new funding cycle will be promoted here.
Please note -
- Funding is limited.
- Timeous submission of a completed application form does not guarantee funding or the allocation of EPWP interns.
- No faxed or emailed applications will be accepted.
- No late applications will be accepted.
- All hand delivered applications to be issued with a submission slip.
The allocation of funding is guided by a funding policy for Arts and Culture. Click here for the policy.
Applications can be posted, couriered or hand-delivered to the following:
DCAS Arts and Culture, Cape Town, CAPE TOWN, Private Bag X9067, Cape Town 8000
Physical address where it could be delivered to:
3rd floor, Protea Assurance Building, Greenmarket Square, Cape Town
215 Seppie Greef Building, Voortrekker Road, Oudtshoorn
Recipients: DCAS is pleased to announce the successful recipients of the 2019/2020 annual funding cycle. To see the list of successful recipients, click here.
Annual Funding: Fareedah Hunter at 021 483 9699 or email Fareedah.Hunter@westerncape.gov.za
EPWP: Lizahn Claasen at 021 483 9688 or email Lizahn.Claasen@westerncape.gov.za