Looking for arts and culture funding?
The Department of Cultural Affairs and Sport (DCAS) annually supports arts and culture projects and programmes through the allocation of funding.
Who can apply
Registered organisations and institutions, artist groups, individuals involved in artistic expression, and arts and culture events companies. All applicants must be South African citizens based in the Western Cape.
How funds will be allocated
The allocation of funding is guided by a funding policy for Arts and Culture. Funding will be provided to organisations or individuals that support and develop the cultural and creative sector by ensuring that:
- Meaningful programmes are supported
- Both production and performance are encouraged
- New entrants are cultivated and mentored
- Indigenous works are grown
- All three official languages as well as the indigenous languages of the Western Cape and sign language are promoted
- Enhance excellence through furthering artistic value
- Job opportunities and training within the sector is promoted
How to apply
Applications for the 2022/23 funding cycle closed at 15:00 on Friday, 11 March 2022. Future application dates, application forms and other specific information regarding the next annual funding cycle will be advertised here. All enquiries related to the process must be directed to Fareedah Hunter at Fareedah.Hunter@westerncape.gov.za or Daylene Wydeman at Daylene.Wydeman@westerncape.gov.za.
- Funding is limited
- Timeous submission of a completed application does not guarantee funding
- All application forms must be accompanied by the required supporting documentation
- No late applications will be accepted
- No faxed, hand delivered, or emailed applications will be accepted
- One application per organization/individual/company per category
- Successful applicants will be announced here and/or in the DCAS news section
The content on this page was last updated on 11 March 2022