Vehicle Clearance Certificates

If your car's engine number or chassis number has changed, you are required to get a clearance certificate before you can reregister the vehicle.
You first need to apply at a motor vehicle registering office for a Request for Police Clearance. Then you need to take your vehicle to a vehicle clearance unit of the South African Police Service where the clearance certificate will be issued.
Provided by:
Government Body: (Department of Transport and Public Works, Western Cape Government)
There is no fee unless a new chassis or engine number needs to be embossed.
The content on this page was last updated on 20 August 2013