Recording an Adoption | Western Cape Government

Recording an Adoption


All adoptions must be recorded in the child's birth register if requested by the adoptive parents.


To do this, you need to submit a written request to any district office of the Department of Home Affairs, accompanied by a certified copy of the adoption order.

If the adoption order authorises changing the child's surname to that of the adoptive parents, this will be done free of charge.

Provided At: These facility categories:
Provided by:
Government Body: (The Government of South Africa)
The content on this page was last updated on 29 January 2020