How to register an ECD Partial Care facility | Western Cape Government

How to register an ECD Partial Care facility

  1. Meet with the relevant Service Organisation:

Before you establish an ECD partial care facility, you must meet with the relevant Service Organisation that serves the area where you want to register your ECD partial care facility. The Service Organisation will provide you with:

  • a form 11 application form
  • DSD registration requirements 
  • Children's Act
  • registration procedures
  • minimum norms and standards and other approvals that will be required
  • application forms and municipal requirements
  • municipal lease/ rental agreement
  • zoning certificate
  • approved building plans
  • health clearance certificate
  1. On Site assessment

Site visits will be conducted by the relevant Service Organisation and Municipality to determine:

  • If the physical condition of the centre is satisfactory.
  • If administrative and financial systems are satisfactory.
  • If the services and programmes for the children are satisfactory.
  • If norms and standards are complied with.

Once all the requirements are met, the relevant Service Organisation will forward all the documents (portfolio of evidence) to the DSD Head Office for the issue of a full registration or conditional registration certificate. This certificate may be valid for up to 5 years, thereafter the same process will be followed for the renewal of registration of the facility.

  1. You have to re-register
  • When you move to another building or site.
  • When you make changes to the structure to accommodate more children.
  • When you sell the business or
  • When there is a change of ownership.
The content on this page was last updated on 8 August 2018