Western Cape Cultural Commission
The Western Cape Cultural Commission is a statutory body that advises the Minister on the preservation, promotion and development of arts and culture in the communities it represents. The commission members are nominated by the public and appointed by the Minister.
The Commission consists of three committees, with the chairperson of each constituting the Executive Committee. Cultural Councils and Facilities are the two committees of the WCCC. In addition to committee meetings, plenary sessions are held.
The committees of the Western Cape Cultural Commission work towards the services required of their respective portfolios.
The Cultural Councils Committee considers matters of policy, applications from the cultural councils and co-ordinates these registered cultural councils.
The Facilties Committee guides the annual tariff review and matters of facility maintenance.
EXECUTION OF WORK:
Officials of the Department of Cultural Affairs and Sport in the Western Cape fulfil the executive and administrative functions associated with the Western Cape Cultural Commission.
NEWLY APPOINTED MEMBERS
Mr Phumzile Apleni
021 483 9722
021 483 9711
3rd Floor, Protea Assurance Building, Greenmarket Square, Cape Town, 8000
Western Cape Cultural Commission, Private Bag 9067, Cape Town, 8000
|Overseeing Government Body:||(Western Cape Government)|
- Background on the Western Cape Cultural Commission (Public Information)
- General Policy Statement with Regard to Funded Projects (Policies)
- Eligibility for Funding from the Western Cape Cultural Commission (Public Information)
- Western Cape Cultural Commissions and Cultural Councils Act, 1998 (Act) (File type: pdf; size: 20.44 KB)
- Workshops: Funding for Cultural Organisations for 2005/2006 (Public Information)
- Application Form: Funding for Cultural Organisations (Forms) (File type: pdf; size: 449.48 KB)